Author Topic: Tameside  (Read 34698 times)

Albert

• View Profile
Tameside
« on: June 27, 2015, 04:57 PM »
A recent letter from the council my address was Dukinfield Cheshire and that reply was addressed to Ashton under Lyne Lancashire. can we expect a rebate on car insurance if we have gone back into Cheshire.Some hopes   

brian seward

• View Profile
Re: Tameside
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 01:26 AM »
Have the boundaries changed ? I seem to remember that when you were near Stamford Park one was only a short way from the boundaries of Lancs, Yorks, and Cheshire, Is my memory correct??

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 01:46 AM »
I don't care what they call it now when I am asked what part of England do I come from its ashton-under lyne Lancashire  England  cheers

ayess

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 08:02 AM »
Yes Brian the western entrance to Stamford Park was in Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire and the eastern entrance was in Stalybridge, Cheshire. The Yorkshire border was a little further North.  Stay well, Ayess.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 11:37 AM »
They want to call the new bus station the Tameside Interchange but it will always be Ashton bus station to me. So if anyone asks me when its is done I will tell them I dont know I only know Ashton bus station. Fudge

ayess

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 05:52 AM »
Are you getting a little what my Great Aunt Hannah used to call "bolshie" Fudge? If I were still in Ashton  I think I would be on your side. I suppose some councilor is hoping that it might be called the William Shufflebottom Tameside Transport Interchange (supposing his name is Billy Shufflebottom. We have the same 'brilliant?' minds at work in New South Wales. There is a railway station (i refuse to call them train stations) in Newcastle. It is right in the centre of town and on the waterfront. One group of brains(?) in Sydney decided to move the Law Faculty of Newcastle University into the city and also to move the court complex alongside it, both right on the main street. This will bring about 2000 extra people a day into the center of the city. Then some other brains(?), in the same place had the bright idea of cutting off the rail service about four kilometres back in the suburbs. The Law Faculty has six parking places the court complex has none for either general staff or public. Where is the sense? There is also a mad dash to build high rise apartments in the city centre. Oh! Did I not say that the rail line is to be sold off and it is the only land in the city area that is not undermined with old coal workings most of them not recorded. Silly me, this is a mere coincidence, so the property tycoons tell us.  Stay well, Christmas greetings to all.

Bardsleycrow

• Me with a well-known statesman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 09:00 AM »
Ayess I live in the Shellharbour district Nsw goverment built a new railway station.When finished it was discovered they had not included TOILETS in the plans.Do I have to say anything more

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 01:45 PM »
I've heard the reason they failed to build toilets was that they had nothing to go on.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 03:42 PM »
maybe that will tell us what most councillors are full of  cheers

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 11:10 PM »
I do believe all councillors sit there and think what can we do to disrupt the area's we live . When the New Marks was built next to the Sainsburys there was only one entery and exit during busy times it becomes grid locked there as been talk about building a new way in and out but it as never happened. Road Works always seem to happen during busy times to causing the most disruptions but people moan but nothing gets done. Fudge

ayess

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 03:50 AM »
Following on from my prior rant - guess what - the State Government have now decided that as Newcastle is the only city outside of Sydney to have government transport they are going to sell off the government run bus network. So, no trains, private buses but, like every other place, they will put LIGHT RAIL in along the main street to compensate for the loss of the train line. Historical note: sixty plus years ago they took up the tram tracks along the main street as the trams were a hindrance to the motor traffic. Even the Goon Show could not make up stuff like this. Stay well. Ayess.

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 03:52 PM »
It all makes working man to  do.
The Goons were smart, most government workers?? aren't. QED!