Author Topic: RYECROFT ENGINEERING  (Read 3670 times)

greeny

• View Profile
RYECROFT ENGINEERING
« on: May 19, 2015, 11:30 AM »
hi i was shocked to see ryecroft egineering on ryecroft street  as closed its been going for years it as bounce through recessions , and hard times i went by a couple of weeks ago they were loading all the old press machines on to transporters , they may have moved to new premises but i have not heard ,does any one know if that is the case

herby

• View Profile
Re: RYECROFT ENGINEERING
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 05:12 AM »
Hi Greeny
                   It probably going to India or Thailand like the rest of the businesses where they pay the workers two bob a day.
  Is Hall and Kay's still around. My first job when I left school.           herby

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 10:43 AM »
hi herby hall and kays went a good few years ago i went for a job there after being made redundant from I C L back in the 1980 recession also went to ryecroft engineerig but no luck ,finish up at harbenware they made pans only lasted there a couple of months , not many engineering firms left in ashton  these days , glad i am out of that looking for work , enjoying retirement   :)

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 02:45 PM »
We are still using our wedding present set of pans,48 years and counting.
I know! I know! heavy metal blah blah. "Lancastrian" made in Morecambe!

I think spellcheck needs to get a life or is it just me!

brian seward

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 05:21 AM »
I worked as a apprentice tool maker at Rycroft in 1943/44, just before I joined the Navy, The Foreman was called Frank English and my mate was Arthur Pennington (he had a brother called Keith) .Bill Haslam was there as I recall. they had a great Canteen as we did Fire watching during the Wartime and the Ladies made up great sandwiches!!!!!. During those years they were making Aileron's and Bomb Doors for the
Avro Lancaster