Author Topic: Margaret Mullen and her daughter Rhona  (Read 2073 times)

jadey80

• View Profile
Margaret Mullen and her daughter Rhona
« on: February 22, 2015, 07:41 PM »
Hi all I'm new to this and I did not grow up in Ashton. I am looking for any information that job may have on a lady called Margaret Mullen whom lived on Zetlanc Street I think it was number 4. She had a young daughter named Rhona, they lived here in the early 60's. If anyone can tell me anything it would be much appreciated.

Too shy

• View Profile
Re: Margaret Mullen and her daughter Rhona
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 10:26 PM »
Jadey, Do you mean Zetland Street in Dukinfield?

jadey80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 10:38 PM »
Hi yes, Zetland Street in Dukinfield. Sorry only just realised I had misspelt it lol.

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 11:07 PM »
I lived on Astley Street, at about that time - almost directly opposite the Newboro' public house and the bottom end of Zetland Street. Those names don't ring any bells with me, jadey, but I do know a family who were in the neighbourhood at  about the same time - I could try them to see what they might remember. Out of curiosity, which end of Zetland Street, bottom near Astley Street, half way up near to St Marys church and school or top end near Hope Street and Chapel Street? Message me if you want to keep it private.

jadey80

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 11:27 PM »
Thank you Too Shy. I know that Margaret had a "partner" called Jagdish Singh if that name helps. Any information people may have will be appreciated.

jadey80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 11:29 PM »
I'm not too sure which end. I think they lived at number 4.