Author Topic: DID YOU EVER GET ONE OF THOSE DAYS  (Read 2402 times)

greeny

• View Profile
DID YOU EVER GET ONE OF THOSE DAYS
« on: December 09, 2014, 02:32 PM »
hi do you ever get one of those days were everything you do goes wrong and one job leads to another , like this morning the car would not start got  the battery charger , got it all set up the fuse had gone in the charger went dashing down to halfords to get a fuse , returned charge the battery , while waiting for it to charge , i thought i would make my self useful and empty the recycle bin waste food in the biodegradable bag which burst and fell all over the kitchen floor more work cleaning it up , went to put the disinfectant away everything fell out of the cupboard more work , the car had charged up by this time , disconnecting the charger , the car battery cover fell on the ground and broke the clip and the days not over yet , should have stopped in bed, does any one else have a run of misfortune  :)

jaywit

• View Profile
Re: DID YOU EVER GET ONE OF THOSE DAYS
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 03:46 PM »
I can empathize Car Batterywise.Mine was only 18 months old(4 year total replacement 84 month pro rated guaarantee). All loaded up for the trip up north,uurrgh,uurrgh.I kept my old one(!(1995) and use it to power a car radio out of my 85'Chysler magiwagon in my workshop.jumped the  car then put the spare battery in the back of the car.Trapped my finger under it,blood blister on the pad and black finger nail.
I had to keep jumping the car for the rest of the week.I should have put the old one back on but didn't.Went to the local branch of the battery retailer to try to get it replaced.Got the runaround (can I leave the car for the day? could be starter or alternator)  I didn't have the guarantee and it was -15 and snowing, loads of people getting snow tyres on so I was fobbed off.Went back to the car started it,then decided to go back to the counter and asked for the manager,explained the situation and after a good few words he was coming round to my way of thinking,lost my temper and walked out.Drove home the following day with blowing snow and whiteouts.After 150 miles still flat.
Finally got it replaced (I found the receipt etc) It was a crap  battery $hit happens.I hate to think what could have happened!!!

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 12:16 PM »
hi you sound as lucky as me jaywit , but out of bad luck good luck happens , we checked the guarantee we had two days left on our 3 year guarantee ,the garage  changed the car  battery put a new one in with a further 3 years guarantee  ;D

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 12:44 PM »
Not quite,Mine uses the original guarantee!!