Author Topic: Old Manor House farm/croft end knots lane  (Read 3094 times)

Jenny79

• View Profile
Old Manor House farm/croft end knots lane
« on: November 24, 2014, 06:36 PM »
Hello my name is jenny and I'm new to the forum.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about any info/ history of the old Manor House farm/croft end farm as is now down knots lane bardsley?

I've been trying to find info or history but keep coming up empty 😳 ive been with my partner 2 years and he lives in the studio flat above the barn/old farm house and there seems to be quite alot of spiritual activity going on in his flat and outside his door.

1st example: we had only been together a couple of months we went out for a meal and everything was fine in his flat as it should be we were out a couple of hours and when we got back all his furniture was pushed right up against the window and his tea light candle pots had been pushed together in groups of 2 on the window ledge that really freaked him out.

From day one ive been smelling heavy stale tobacco smoke on a male presence in his flat that keeps following me around my partner didn't believe me untill he smelt it for himself one night in his bedroom now bearing in mind my partner does not smoke.

I say a male presence because the gent is of stocky build heavy smoker greying hair your typical farm clothing and heavy work boots.

The activity is getting more and more and always seems to be round this time of year up to Christmas. Lately there has been heavy footsteps walking up the steps my partners flat and the storm door keeps being tried aswell like someone is tryin to get in but can't understand why the door won't open.

Also my partner went out to collect our takeaway a few weeks back and I stayed in the flat when I heard the footsteps again coming up the steps to the flat and I thought it was my partner back with tea but he didn't appear so I thought he was playing silly buggers with me trying to scare me and expected to see his face in the kitchen window but there was nothing bearing in mind this was 10 minutes before my partner actually came back with tea. So I asked him if he had come back and was trying to put the wiggins in to me which doesn't happen easily btw and he had now idea what is was talking about and when I told him he had said he's been hearing the same thing during the day Nd also during the night which i do aswell when I stay over but it always happens from around 3am onwards also a male has been seen stroking the horses by certain members of staff and when they have looked again he's vanished.

Now I know some people will think oh it's just the horses making noises but believe me it's not I can tell the difference between horses banging in their stables and heavy footsteps walking up to the flat and trying the door and yes some people will think I'm puddled but yes I do believe in spiritual phenomenon and have had a lot of experiences good and bad.

So if anyone can help with any info/history I would be very greatful thank you again ☺️

jaywit

• View Profile
Re: Old Manor House farm/croft end knots lane
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 01:14 PM »
Imagination is funny it makes a cloudy day sunny!!
There has to be a logical answer.

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:35 PM »
On a recent trip back to AUL my brother did mention that around that  area, is,was notorious for weirdo's and druggies.

????? I before "E' except after "C"????  spellcheck wierd   

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 04:37 PM »
I believe there are people who do psychical research into this sort of thing Jenny79. I'm sure they would love to know about your experiences. Other than that I've never heard of anything spooky happening on Knott Lanes although I rarely ventured up that way from Waterloo.

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 11:29 PM »
Jenny, I've sent you a personal message.

Vanessa

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 12:38 AM »
Coalpit Lane and the site of the old Wood Park Colliery are not far from there. Back in the 70s, a work colleague had two young sons and every time they drove along Coal Pit Lane, the elder of the two boys would become anxious and would experience a sensation of being in the dark underground, sitting and waiting to open a door for men coming past pushing wagons loaded with coal.
Martin

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 11:35 AM »
I Don't know much about that area. But strange things do happen My Daughter bought my house and I bought hers. They stayed a few years then decided to move they had a few strange things happened with my mums spirit. The day they were leaving I went up with the youngest grandson my ollder one was sat outside I asked him why he said I am not going in there all the draws are opening and shutting in the Kitchen and I could hear coat hangers being moved up stairs. We say it was my mum she was angry because they were leaving. He is still talks about it to this day Fudge