Author Topic: New Charter  (Read 5041 times)

Albert

• View Profile
New Charter
« on: December 01, 2014, 09:28 PM »
I had a letter via my G/P about a Healthy Living project that New Charter Housing are running.
I do not live in one of there houses and wonder why they are running the the project and not the Social Services
Could they be thinking about another take over???

Too shy

• View Profile
Re: New Charter
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 10:09 PM »
I had a letter via my G/P about a Healthy Living project that New Charter Housing are running.
I do not live in one of there houses and wonder why they are running the the project and not the Social Services
Could they be thinking about another take over???

We've talked about New Charter on here before, Albert. We summarised that they

1. Effectively control the bulk of the "social housing" in Tameside as they acquired most, if not all, of the housing stock which belonged to Tameside MBC Housing Department (no doubt at a knockdown price).

2. Own the Tameside Reporter newspaper which they appeared to acquire following the demise of the previous ownership.

3. Own Tameside Radio.

A week, or so, ago they were advertising their services as some form of victim support agency and now you're telling us that they want to offer us healthy eating advice.

Are the boundaries of responsibility becoming rather stretched or are they just indistinct? Where might they pop up next?

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
Re: New Charter
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 10:15 PM »
You forgot to mention that New Charter runs several schools in Tameside, Trevor.
Martin