Author Topic: SCOTLAND  (Read 11504 times)

greeny

• View Profile
SCOTLAND
« on: August 05, 2014, 01:08 PM »
HI no long now before the scotish independence vote , i think it will be a bad thing for all of the u k if scotland become independent from the rest of us , i say keep the great in great britain and that means scotland , what does all our ex pats, and where you live in the uk think about home rule , should lancashire become independent from england  , i wonder what jack views are being a scot  ;D

jaywit

• View Profile
Re: SCOTLAND
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 01:48 PM »
I seem to think Kiwi is, also?

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 02:04 PM »
If Scotland votes to leave, perhaps Scotland Street should be re-named?
Martin

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 10:05 PM »
and Scotland yard? cheers kennetho

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:54 AM »
I seem to think Kiwi is, also?
Salford born and Droylsden bred, short in t' leg and thick in t' head.  :)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 04:45 AM »
Near enough then, Kiwi!  Hahaha!!
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 08:25 AM »
Hi
     What are they going to do when the oil runs out the Chinese are building ships now a lot cheaper than they can in Scotland
lots of luck to them anyway.  herby

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 10:01 AM »
HI no long now before the scotish independence vote , i think it will be a bad thing for all of the u k if scotland become independent from the rest of us , i say keep the great in great britain and that means scotland , what does all our ex pats, and where you live in the uk think about home rule , should lancashire become independent from england  , i wonder what jack views are being a scot  ;D

... and why stop there? Should Ashton be independent from Tameside, should Waterloo be independent from Ashton, should ... oh forget it!

Personally I would like Scotland to remain part of the UK but if they choose to separate themselves, I think they should be treated as a foreign country like France or Spain and not be given any of this 'special relationship' bull***t.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 10:33 AM »
I have spoken to family and friends in Scotland and when I was away in June there were some Scots on the coach All say they want to remain in Great Briton and all there friends do so we will have to wait and see what the outcome will be. Hope it remains in Great Briton Fudge

daftjack

• POWER TO THE PEOPLE....KEEP THE NET FREE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 08:19 AM »
Hi All, Greetings from darkest Africa, My vote has been, and always, will be, a resounding YES, YES, YES. Scotland should be independant. I am only sorry that my HERO, and oldest and dearest friend, Brian 'Bengy' Barber, is mortal no more, then i would have someone who i could argue the point with, all day long.

Just a thought.........

Daftjack.  :-\ :-\ :-\

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 02:56 PM »
hi the population of scotland is just over 5 millions you have to be over 18 to vote and it will only effect the people that live in scotland , there must be over  5 million  scots living in the rest of the uk that wont get a vote not counting the scots over seas , martin would william wallace way , would be ok for scotland street ;D

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 06:00 PM »
Hi Greeny.  For this Independence referendum the voting age is 16.  It's 18 for all other elections. Wonder if that will make a difference?

By the way, Cameron is a Scottish name, from the Gaelic - 'cam' meaning bent/crooked, and 'sron' meaning nose!!! 😉
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 02:23 PM »
hi denise i dont think it will make a big difference , long as they keep exporting haggis and whiskey  :D and will i need a passport to go there and will the after re join the common market if they need to and will the scots down here get deported  :D

Albert

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 07:49 PM »
Son of Nomad why not if Mossley can have its own council and parts of Oldham are putting signs up to say they have gone back to being in Yorkshire.Plus Too Shy was saying he still puts Cheshire on his letters and so do I . The councils in Scotland get more per head than our councils so we could be better off. 

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 09:53 PM »
Well, as far as I can determine, this Scottish "independence"  situation has been going on for centuries - back and forth, etc.,  and I think perhaps it's a pretty safe bet it will still be going on long after I'm gone.   If Scotland does become a separate entity - I wonder what the situation would be re the Royal family?  They have a big stake in that pie with their rather important estates where they visit fairly often.   And what about the Union Jack - and all the other connotations involved in being a separate country?   Where would all the money come from for them to be on their own?   Would they want their own brand of money?   :o

We've had about the same situation over here for years now, with Quebec wanting to be separate from the rest of Canada and have their own rules with everyone speaking only the French language,  etc.....however, they're not so happy about losing all that nice dollop of money they receive from the "Canadian" Federal Government to help their present Province of Quebec get by.  I believe they presently receive more than any other Province.   Also, the smart people of Quebec realize that English is the acknowledged business language everywhere else in the world!!   Every time there's a referendum, the vote to stay as one Canada always wins out because most people know which side of the bread the butter is on!!!   :)

Still, it will be interesting if nothing else to see what the mindset is of most of the Scots....Daftjack notwithstanding!!  No offence meant, Jack - hope all is well with you and your family.     :D