Author Topic: SCOTLAND  (Read 11383 times)

greeny

• View Profile
Re: SCOTLAND
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2014, 02:58 PM »
hi a mate of mine got a place in scotland so he will get a vote but does not live there all the time i dont think it will make a great difference if they get the vote or not i dont think they will be any better off ,we wont be worse off this side of the boarder but who knows time will tell england might be the next for own rule along with ireland and wales  , its sounds to complicated to me so i would always vote for a UNITED KINGDOM  :)

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2014, 10:12 AM »
My gut feeling is that I really can't see the majority of Scots voting 'YES'. I watched quite a lot of the recent European Athletics Championships and there was obviously great cameraderie amongst the GB and NI athletes with an unprecedented haul of medals. I suspect that is the general feeling north of the border but if I'm wrong I shall eat my sporran.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 02:28 PM »
hi i see the scotish flag along with the union jack and the england flag were flying over the town hall in ashton the voting day is getting near ,i have listened to both sides of the debates still think we should stick together but i am just a english with slight scotish decent  with no say  :)

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2014, 08:04 AM »
Hi
            Scotland is still British.    herby

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2014, 09:28 AM »
I am so glad we are all remaining to gether it would have been very sad to have split up. Fudge

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2014, 10:15 AM »
hi i glad i woke up this morning knowing that scotland will remain part of the united kingdom , the vote for independence as done more for scotland it will make it a lot stronger and it will help us english to it will help us to have more say where the money is spent and not just south of watford it will make british politics have more say with more regional issues and i hope it will make m ps accountable in representing us not just a bit of wind,when they want our vote , thank you scotland you have changed britain for the best

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2014, 10:49 AM »
I'm also glad that Gt. Britain will remain together. I must say that although I'm not a fan of Gordon Brown, he gave one of the best speeches I've ever heard the other day in favour of staying together. It will be interesting to see what concessions Westminster gives to Scotland as a 'reward' for this result.

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2014, 09:23 AM »
hi i glad i woke up this morning knowing that scotland will remain part of the united kingdom , the vote for independence as done more for scotland it will make it a lot stronger and it will help us english to it will help us to have more say where the money is spent and not just south of watford it will make british politics have more say with more regional issues and i hope it will make m ps accountable in representing us not just a bit of wind,when they want our vote , thank you scotland you have changed britain for the best

Unfortunately, Greeny, the independence referendum became completely sidetracked by issues that were largely bi-products. Economics, state government and how it is administered, the quality of health care provision, these were all turned into a debate bordering on conspiracy theories. The accountabilty of MPs, what had that to do with a referendum about independence? - absolutely nothing, but it got wedged in there. Regional government? - just a sop. Successful government surely needs to be at the centre of any nation and not scattered about - that's what local government was set up to do.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2014, 02:56 PM »
hi with the vote on scotish independence 16 year old voted ,do you think the same will happen for next years general elections i hope the turn out will be as high, but i think not i think we have had enough of politics and false promises  :)

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2014, 06:35 PM »
If you didn't see it, this is where Gordon Brown "found his mojo" once again....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J39bBV7CBJk
Martin

daftjack

• POWER TO THE PEOPLE....KEEP THE NET FREE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2014, 11:27 AM »
Hi All, What can i say!!!!!  WE'RE BOUGHT AND SOLD FOR ENGLISH GOLD. (Sorry Rabbie, you were so right.)

Darling, Brown, Blair............. The Campbells of the 21st Century.

Just a thought......

Daftjack.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2014, 07:46 PM »
Love the Scots Daft Jack and I So so so glad we are staying together Fudge

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2014, 04:02 AM »
Hi All, What can i say!!!!!  WE'RE BOUGHT AND SOLD FOR ENGLISH GOLD. (Sorry Rabbie, you were so right.)

Darling, Brown, Blair............. The Campbells of the 21st Century.

Just a thought......

Daftjack.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

So, what's next ?, group hug or civil war ??  ;)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2014, 09:25 AM »
Would'n't you just know it. The parties are now squabbling over the 'concessions' promised as sweeteners to the Scots to stay loyal and nobody seems to be able to solve the problem of Scottish MPs voting on English issues. They remind me of a bunch of schoolkids instead of responsible adults.