Author Topic: soaps  (Read 4144 times)

greeny

• View Profile
soaps
« on: July 11, 2014, 11:10 AM »
hi  do you still watch the soaps on tv i use to watch them religiously corrie ,east enders emerdale but i have not watched them for many a year now , have they lost there appeal are are you still a fan of them ?

Fudge

• View Profile
Re: soaps
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 03:54 PM »
I have not watched them for years now as I used to tape them and then it was tring to catch up so just stopped watching It does not worry or appeal to me now Watch other things that are not as demanding. Fudge

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 04:23 PM »
I've not watched a 'soap' since Corrie in the early 1980s - and that was under protest with Mrs SoN. The earliest 'soap' I can remember watching was The Grove Family in the mid-1950s but the 'social issues' they tried to portray were nothing like the stuff they put on today.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 05:11 PM »
never watch soaps Doreen watches a couple from the u.s. I watch some of brits comedies we get here cheers kennetho

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 11:35 PM »
Never watch any of the Soaps - the only time I did was when I visited my friend years ago and she religiously watched every episode of Corrie come rain or shine!    There was always too much misery,  doom and gloom for me - someone was always in hot water or about to be.  I happened to be waiting for another program the other day and after seeing an episode about 10 years ago, you might as well have been watching the same things happening over and over ten years later, only everyone is older with more wrinkles!   ???  :D   I still watch some of the other UK funny programs although they're few and far between now.   When UK programs are funny, I can have a wonderful laugh and that's far better than misery!    ;D

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 03:38 AM »
I think ive seen all of summer wine.mrs. buckets as they are all repeats nowand are you being served as also run its lot we need the humourbut its hard to nfind any good humour these days the so called comedians of today cant tell jokes without turning the air blue its rubbish not comedy.. cheers kennetho

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 05:43 AM »
Still an avid follower of the old Street, no idea why, and very recently, Emmerdale. Some great storylines and great actors in that I've found. No time for Eastenders, just gloomy and boring!
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 04:51 PM »
'Eastenders' is gloomy and boring Denise? I think you are being far too kind.

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 10:22 AM »
Hi
      My Misses is an avid watcher of home and away she started watching it because we used to watching because it is made near where we used to live when we lived in Newport near Sydney. I don't watch any soaps or talent shows I tape a lot of the movies and detective programmes that are on and watch them and fast forward the ads         herby   

Albert

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 07:30 PM »
Not a soap but watching John Bishops tour on his bike from Sydney to the North up Queensland
he went to a rodeo and had some very young lads riding the bullocks some didn't look very keen,
but said they were doing it because there father did it.Looked a bit risky to me.