Author Topic: ONE FOR THE AUSSIES  (Read 53909 times)

Too shy

• View Profile
Re: ONE FOR THE AUSSIES
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2014, 08:01 PM »
Thanks for your letters you are all very kind and i am still doing O/K Albert

Albert, After England's dreary performance in Miami last night, you will definitely be needed in Brazil. You'll be playing up front, just tucked in to the left of Wayne Rooney. You'll be measured for a straw hat and beach shorts as soon as you arrive. The nation will be depending on you.

Albert

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 08, 2014, 05:36 PM »
Hi Too shy I dint mind the straw hat and shorts for the beach but the last time I played football it was a leather case ball and leather boots

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2014, 06:01 PM »
with the hard toe caps not like the carpet slippers they wear today those were the days when we respected our opponents cheers kennetho

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2014, 02:43 AM »
Hi
          We have a liberal (tory) government here. They have just had a budget They have cut unemployment benefits for kids who are on it when leaving school there are no jobs to be had, maybe a few and they have to apply for forty jobs every month to get that.  They have cut money to the hospitals and forwarded the pensions to seventy. They say they are going to balance the budget that the labour government left them. I don't see how they are going to do it when then they are spending 54 billion dollars on submarines from Japan and fighter aeroplanes from America. There is always money for armaments. It has not got past the senate yet but I hope to Christ it doesn't    herby   

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2014, 04:18 AM »
we have just finishedour Ontario election with a liberal majority government we will see if things improveno matter who gets in they never put the pensions up just the cost of living. its sod you jack im alright.cheers kennetho

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2014, 11:37 AM »
Perhaps you should mention Kennetho, for Herby's reference anyway, that Ontario's "Liberals" are not Conservatives (Tories).   Personally,  I can't see much improvement coming since the same people are in once again!   Nothing will change.   Spending when we're broke, and more corruption! 
Glad I don't need a job!!   ::)

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2014, 02:11 PM »
right joyce I wouldent want to be in the work force today but the buggers in government make sure they get their perks no matter what..we don't have much choice they all look after them selves..kennetho

Albert

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2014, 06:09 PM »
Hi herby Its just the same here two aircraft carriers are being built in Scotland but we have no aircraft for them,the jump jets were sold to the USA,in the mean time we have no aircraft carriers.Then a new rail link between London and Birmingham costing millions and going up all the time,which will safe 20 minutes on the travelling time. Albert

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2014, 12:37 PM »
hi herby its the same over here , i feel sorry for the young ones today without work , the you have to apply for forty jobs a week here , its making it worse because the pension age as gone up so when a job comes up there are thousands applying for them , yet like you say billions of pounds are spent on defence , we only after look at iraq the money and the loss of life just to see it worse then it was before sadam i was shocked to see the news the other day to see iraq slipping away, and think was it worth going there in the first place