Author Topic: the great storm 2014  (Read 16814 times)

greeny

• View Profile
the great storm 2014
« on: February 13, 2014, 03:36 PM »
hi whats going on with the weather ,yesterdays hurricane and the rain we have had since before christmas have been biblical , we have not had it to bad here in ashton just a few greenhouse perspex windows blown out and smashed at my house, round the corner all the front of the house brickwork and windows down and out  and slates blown off a few roofs ,and more to come how as it been in your area ,hope you are all well

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
Re: the great storm 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 05:11 PM »
The North West got a real battering and being on the Fylde coast, I expected a lot of damage but we got off lightly. I've only lost a fence panel and two ridge tiles off the roof. There are a couple of roofers going round this estate with their ladders and no doubt will make a killing.

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 05:35 PM »

Dannyx6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 08:58 PM »
Love it, Bill!

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 10:27 PM »
Are they stihl looking for one ?  ;)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 02:09 AM »

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 03:15 AM »
I never saw that one coming !!  ;)

BTW, it's a pleasant 27 degrees with fluffy white clouds and a gentle breeze from the south west here in Godzone, forecast for the next few days is for similar conditions, just thought you might like to know  ;)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 04:49 AM »
well goody for you we have fluffy white piles of snow and waiting for the two ladies to get rid of it   may and june  cheers kennetho

Nan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 04:06 PM »
We got it quite bad here. Think we are a bit further up the coast from Son of Nomad, but seemed to get it from all directions. I must admit it was quite frightening at times. I`ve never experienced gales like it and must admit it kept us awake one night. We could actually feel the house shaking. It`s beautiful today, but according to the weather forecast , it won`t last long. Expecting heavy rain and very windy over the next few days, though they do say it won`t be as bad as last week(fingers crossed).

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 07:03 PM »
Been a beautiful day here in Norfolk, walked the beach at Holkham. Very cold wind...bracing but sunshine and blue skies. Hope the poor folk who have been flooded get some respite
"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open"  Thomas Dewar

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 05:37 PM »
hi why dont they build american type storm drains , that would shift a lot of the flood waters or more canals to take the water away , cameron as said money as no expense and the climate change we should be seeing more storms and wet weather to come , what would your answer be to the flooded areas

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 04:27 AM »
DFS have launched a new range of sofas to cope with the flooded homes in the UK.

They have a sail on.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 04:28 AM »
I was flashed by a speed camera going through Staines town centre this morning.

No idea why, I was only doing 30 knots.

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 10:52 AM »
Question: What's the fastest thing on Staines High Street?

Answer: A motor pike and side carp.

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 11:38 AM »
I shouldn't really joke about it  - my cousin lives in Staines and I haven't heard from her recently. Hope she's OK.