Author Topic: Another Star bites the dust  (Read 15228 times)

brian seward

• View Profile
Another Star bites the dust
« on: February 02, 2014, 08:07 PM »
Just announced on CNN that Philip Seymour Hoffman, Oscar winning actor  found dead of an overdose at the age of 46.
What a waste, At the same time we are clamouring to legitimize Marijuana.  Think of this, most of the people who die of overdoses, Heroin etc started on Marijuana. How do we stop this stupidity?..

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
Re: Another Star bites the dust
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 05:15 PM »
I've never heard of him but at times like this, it's the family of the deceased that I think of and feel sorry for.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 12:39 PM »
hi shirley temple remembered  rest in peace   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNwFXLcrsbc

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 01:41 PM »
Yes I use to enjoy watching her films Fudge

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 02:40 AM »
HI
         Vale Shirley. The first real film star.     herby

brian seward

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 05:44 AM »
Gosh I used to look forward to going to  the "Majestic" Saturday afternoon and seeing Shirley Temple. in fact I was a member of the "Shirley Temple Club". indeed , we also watched Buster Crabbe as "Flash Gordon". I think it was tuppence to go in. and after 10 shows one got one free.. I got sixpence for a whole week. and you could get a bag of sweets for a half penny.  May she now be  sailing the  Good Ship Lollipop RIP>

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 03:07 PM »
Bob Hoskins age 71,dead in his prime.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 08:41 PM »
My favourite fillum is The Long Good Friday, he played the London gang boss alongside the gorgeous Helen Mirren and a very young Pierce Brosnan, RIP Bob  :'(
"We don't want blood all over the lawn and the hounds are fagged out from yesterdays Jehovah's witnesses"

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 11:27 PM »
I'll echo that about Helen Mirren.
.Watched Cousin Bette.cica 70's.lastnight.
A beautiful young sex siren who helps lure men to their ruin.   "what a way to go"!

Ashtonian54

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 01:03 AM »
RIP Bob

brian seward

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 07:57 PM »
RIP Efrem Zimbalist Jnr, Died today in Hollywood Ca,  I actually was introduced to him once when I went down to see the Dinah Shore Ladies Golf tournament in Palm Springs the early 90s

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 07:41 PM »
Most of you will no doubt be aware that the much-loved British comedy actor, Rik Mayall, died just about a week ago. I was ferreting about in the depths of one of my wardrobes last night trying to find an old electric guitar pickup assembly which I purchased from the German manufacturer in the mid-Sixties. Didn't find the pickup (I know it's in there somewhere) but I did come across the bulk of my autograph collection - all half dozen of them. Amongst them, I found a BBC publicity postcard for the TV series "Filthy, Rich and Catflap" from 1987. I seem to recall that it was given to one of my offspring who wasn't really interested so it ended up in my collection. There, on the front, was Rik Mayall's autograph in blue ink (complete with smudge). I think I'll keep it. As Flashheart, for me, he could do no wrong and, as he would tell us, "Flash by name and flash by nature."

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 10:35 PM »
james  gardner past away age 86  r.i.p.james always liked his movies kennetho

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 10:47 AM »
Sad to read that Dora Bryan has passed away. Most people will remember her for most recent work like Last Of The Summer Wine but as a collector of old (and obscure) British films, I know she made her film debut in 1946 and appeared in several first and second features in the 1950s - always giving memorable performances.
Although she was born in Southport she learned her trade partly at Oldham Rep and she never seemed to miss an oppertunity to mention that her husband played for Ashton Cricket Club. RIP.

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 08:26 PM »
Sad to read that Dora Bryan has passed away. Most people will remember her for most recent work like Last Of The Summer Wine but as a collector of old (and obscure) British films, I know she made her film debut in 1946 and appeared in several first and second features in the 1950s - always giving memorable performances.
Although she was born in Southport she learned her trade partly at Oldham Rep and she never seemed to miss an oppertunity to mention that her husband played for Ashton Cricket Club. RIP.

I remember the part she played in the film " A Taste of Honey" as the rather "blousey" mother of Rita Tushingham, who had the lead role. Laughingly, they needed to do a "flit" through the tiny window of their basement room at pavement level, complete with the budgie in its cage - it were reet northern. Like Eric Sykes and Bernard Cribbins, her formative years were spent in Oldham and, pleasantly, it showed.