Author Topic: book or kindle  (Read 1992 times)

greeny

• View Profile
book or kindle
« on: December 23, 2013, 03:25 PM »
hi we were having a discussion about books and kindles , i have never been a book worm, but when i have read a book i like going into a book shop broues round and i love the smell of new books and enjoy a book i think better then a kindle which my better half ,as she  prolific reader and i think the books would be up to the roof if she had bought books  ,  but what ever the advantages the kindle have , i prefer a good old fashion book , when i am in the mood to read, what are your choices book or kindle :)

Too shy

• View Profile
Re: book or kindle
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 04:51 PM »
hi we were having a discussion about books and kindles , i have never been a book worm, but when i have read a book i like going into a book shop broues round and i love the smell of new books and enjoy a book i think better then a kindle which my better half ,as she  prolific reader and i think the books would be up to the roof if she had bought books  ,  but what ever the advantages the kindle have , i prefer a good old fashion book , when i am in the mood to read, what are your choices book or kindle :)

Bell, book or candle, what's it to be? Oh, don't get me started. While we're at it, don't forget the Two Ronnies and "Four candles?" "No, fork handles"

PS Sorry, Greeny.

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 01:18 PM »
Had the basic Kindle for a while, good for book collections, Jane Austen, Shakespeare, Charles Dickens and definitely practical for holiday reading. Still enjoy a good book even so, often favourite authors are not in e-book format. 
Too Shy - or bell, book and Kindle, hey?
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

Ashtonian54

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 07:24 PM »
Got the Nook for our Jean!
I think the attraction is the books at 99p you can get as well as having an Android tablet for other things.

:-)