Author Topic: look for the birches  (Read 3706 times)

charlie

• View Profile
look for the birches
« on: August 01, 2009, 09:03 AM »
 dose any one know the where abouts of the birches who lived next to the top shop on broadoak  rd. my names is Charles and i left ashton to live in Australia in 63. there were 3 brothers that were my friends and i still think of the time playing on the coal pit hills and the Cliff. i am now 56 and the boys would be about 57 54 53. we all went to st mary's school and were alterboys at st Christopher's

Vanessa

Re: look for the birches
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 02:50 PM »
Hi Charlie, I wouldn't recommend posting your email address, just ask them to send you a personnal message, that way you can communicate away from the forum. Go back and edit your posting,taking off your email address. 99.9% of us on here are nice but there's always the odd looney who might bombard you with unwanted emails.

Vanessa

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 07:07 PM »
Hi Charlie and welcome to the message board. Can you tell us roughly how old you are and how old your friends, the Birches might be. Also which schools you went to?
The coal pit hills are soon to be the home of a new school- an amalgamation of Hartshead & Stamford- correct me if I'm wrong abt this.
The clough off Lees Rd is still there although more  over grown than you would remember.
"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open"  Thomas Dewar

charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 07:35 AM »
Thanks for the reply I am 56 the boys would be about 57 55 and 53. We all went to St Mary's and we were alter boys at St Christopher's

pamela

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 11:05 PM »
Hi Charlie , I remember you as Charles ...we lived a little further down from you , and you were in our class at St Marys , I remember you going to Australia , you sent the class a letter saying how you droppped eggs on the pavement and they cooked !! You might not rememeber me but you were pals with my brother Peter , you were alter boys together..I cant remember the Birches (its along time ago )All the kids played in the Cluff , do you remember anyone else from Broadoak rd?
Politicians and nappies should be changed frequently...and for the same reason!!!

Bardsleycrow

• Me with a well-known statesman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 09:47 AM »
Charlie were in Aus are you I'm in the Illawarra district NSW
Kevin