Author Topic: LOOKING FORWARD TO SUMMER  (Read 6786 times)

KENNETHO

• View Profile
Re: LOOKING FORWARD TO SUMMER
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 02:09 PM »
we are getting hot and humid here in and around Toronto roll on fall. cheers kennetho

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 07:08 PM »
Here in London, Ontario., Son of Nomad and KennethO,  we've been having an official heatwave too for days on end with daily highs of mid-30'sC but feeling in the low 40's with the humidity.  Yesterday the humidex was officially given as 45C.   I haven't been outside except for perhaps 15 to 20 mins. each morning around 6a.m. so I could pull the weeds that are growing as if this was the jungle.   I just want to lie around and make sure I take my next breath.  Thank heaven for central air conditioning.   Currently (2pm) it's 33C out there and that's in the shade.  They say we're to have huge thunderstorms later tonight with high winds (already blowing) because a cold front is coming through and then we'll be back to cooler weather by Sat. or Sunday and all next week - probably about 24 to 28C.   Hope so, as I have to go out for groceries one of these days - not that I feel like eating very much just now except to stop myself from getting light-headed.  Guess I'm still a good Englishman - just love to complain about the weather!   However, I don't exactly want the Fall to arrive yet KennethO because that means winter isn't far behind, and I surely do complain about that!!  LOL.     ;) ;D ;D

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 08:09 PM »
the muggy weather is no good for man women or beast its tough to keep cool we had an air conditioner in the window then they put new windows in all the apartments and that ment getting a vertical one and I didn't get one as of yet we didn't need one last year as we have lots of vshade and on the ground floor.

GayJ

• Dukky Duck
    • View Profile
    • Tameside Family History
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2013, 10:27 PM »
Come on, we have moaned every wet Summer since 2006 and complained about the interminable cold this Winter. so having to keep hydrated and finding a shady spot is hardly a punishment.  We are due for thunderstorms next week and then when it never stops raining after this hot spell breaks we will be moaning again.
Don't let the B***ds grind you down.

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 02:37 AM »
Hi
    Come to Queensland you will get used to it       herby

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 07:32 PM »
Hi GayJ and Herby....I think some folks can deal with the heat plus humidity much better than others.....however, the Public Health people here are issuing warnings for those who can't take it to go to specially set up "cooling off" places (buildings) to prevent getting heat-stroke, etc.   They put these location addresses in the newspaper and post them around the City.   I, for one, can't take the humidity because it makes me feel sick but I have a niece who thinks it's stupendous!   Each to his own and if it causes health problems, then I still feel sorry for those people who have to ride out the heat as best they can.    The same goes for our Winter extremes of cold weather when people can freeze to death.   :o :) 

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 09:11 PM »
hi joyce I for one cant take the humidity nor can I sit out and sunbathe I need the shade and a breeze. winter doesn't bother me too much as long as the roads are o.k.for driving.cheers kennetho