Author Topic: sunshine  (Read 18598 times)

jaywit

• View Profile
sunshine
« on: May 05, 2009, 02:20 PM »
Just reminiscing about the weather.
Almost all the photo's on the blog are in sunshine.
Is this a coincidence or have they been taken over a while.Most of the time the period of the year is right.
One of my bugbears was the Ashton weather,wouldn't say it was the main one for leaving but it was certainly up there. ???

Lynn56

• View Profile
Re: sunshine
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 02:57 PM »
I was in Ashton this time last year and the weather was beautiful almost the entire month! Must have been because Ashton was so happy to have me back !

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 03:54 PM »
Well, of course there are two reasons for the sunshiny photos.

Firstly - I tend to wait for a nice bright day to go out and take photos, as the results are so much more pleasing than those taken on a dull day, and secondly - I don't really want to go out taking photos in the rain! Digital cameras don't like getting wet, and neither do photographers!

However, here is a photo from the blog that may make you feel a little better:
Martin

Jayess

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 10:42 PM »
Thanks Martin for the photo --That is more like the Ashton I recall --I often wondered where you found all the sunshine & I was sure you could not have taken all the other photos on the couple of days of Sunshine that is the usual monthly total  (LOL) Jayess

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 07:36 PM »
HI need fred astaire and ginger rogers on the picture martin , that would finish it off nice :D

trekkie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 07:19 PM »
the weather as been nice in april then for the last few years we have had no summer  its rain ,rain ,rain so i have now invested in a greenhouse. i must suffer from that thing called s a d, so when the sun shines the world looks a different place, its nice to feel the sun on your face and sit out in the garden after work and let the cares of the day drift away.

gina44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 08:00 PM »
we have actually had a nice day here in ashton today.it was a bit cold but the sun was out,i just hate the rain.

Lynn56

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 07:17 PM »
I actually miss the rain.We have very little here,but when it comes it's never gentle,it usually accompanied by straight line winds or tornadoes.

Ashtonian54

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 10:32 PM »
Well wait till you live somewhere where it hardly ever rains.
You actually welcome the rain when it does come!
Where I live most of the year is cloudless, every day the same

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 02:26 PM »
What is the long term prognosis for water in the LA area? Saw a documentary ages ago about usage and it didn't seem too rosy.

Ashtonian54

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 10:55 PM »
What is the long term prognosis for water in the LA area? Saw a documentary ages ago about usage and it didn't seem too rosy.

My prognosis is that it will be too little, too late.
Tell that to the guy at Sunset and Western who daily washes the car park with his 1" hose despite there being a restriction on such waste.

An excellent site is www.Bewaterwise.com it provides tips on water saving measures.
Water management is the biggest issue facing our state

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 07:45 PM »
I have just got back from Mojacar Costa Almeria weather reaching 29 now I burnt in shade and had cream on but it was lovely just to go out with next to nothing on Day and Night 8) 8) :D

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 11:19 PM »
Hi
      Winter has arrived here 15 this morning will reach round 26 by 10 am. We have been theatened with some rain on Wednesday, we will have to wait and see dont get much at all in winter plenty in summer though. but here we look gladly on cloudy days when it gets round 40 degrees.   herby

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 02:34 PM »
+1 last night,hard frost,way below seasonal "normal".should be  20+.Yesterday bright sunny strong wind 12c making it feel like 5c.Today same temp but calm.Hoping Wed will be much warmer.
This is the long weekend for us ,usually plant the garden but the cool temps have slowed this down.Daffs are just about done and Tulips are on there last legs.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 03:55 PM »
Hot and Sunny again after being very humid we are now at level 3 Heatwave alert Cant believe it had no covers for 1 week now at nights no coat for about two weeks Fudge