Author Topic: LOOKING FORWARD TO SUMMER  (Read 6773 times)

greeny

• View Profile
LOOKING FORWARD TO SUMMER
« on: April 02, 2013, 12:04 PM »
hi i hope this summer and the warmer weather will arrive soon , as march as been the coldest for fifty years and no sign of it ending till the middle of this month, our gas boiler as been working overtime i dred the gas bill , do you think we will have a good summer or is going to be a repeat of last year , or is this the going to be the start of a new ice age  8) no sun glasses  :D

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
Re: LOOKING FORWARD TO SUMMER
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 01:48 AM »
We've had a fantabulous summer down here on the East Coast of NZ's North Island which has been a total contrast to the wet and windy apologies that we've had for the previous two or three years  :) OK so the farmers are crying in their Chardonnay coz they can't afford the latest tractor this year but then they're never happy coz it's always too hot, cold, wet, dry, muddy, dusty, humid, windy or whatever  :-\ From what I've seen from down here Ashton is getting the same weather as Hawkes Bay except it's about 25C cooler  :o however, the good/bad news is that our Indian Summer is about to hit the buffers termorrer and normal temperatures and rainfall are meant to start kicking in from the middle of this month so with a bit of luck and a following wind global patterns should be back on track soon.
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Im going to die, Im refuse to pass. I want people to say Im dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Ill haunt.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 02:23 PM »
hi as summer come it was 11 c  yesterday about 9c today feeling warm  8)

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 09:45 PM »
Had our first frost of the year this morning  :( Looks like summer will arrive on Sunday in Ashton  ;)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Im going to die, Im refuse to pass. I want people to say Im dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Ill haunt.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 09:03 AM »
Keep waiting for Summer the tempreture as gone up but I am still feeling the cold. I don't like being to hot just comfortable walking round in tops so roll on Summer 8) 8) 8)

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 11:55 AM »
hi no sign of summer yet , forcast frost at weekend  :)

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 09:02 PM »
Weather Underground is talking about SNOW!!! for Monday night  :-\

27c and hardly a cloud in the sky round here  ;)

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 10:35 AM »
Hi Kiwi
                 You must be in Caboolture. Lovely here 27 to-day. Autumn and spring are the best. Summer usually wet. Winter not too bad gets a bit cold sometimes then I have to wear my pullover not very often. I saw frost three times last year but only because I was up before the sun    herby 

joseph

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 09:11 PM »
hi one and all for the older ones in canada,and ashton if you want to send me your phone numbers on the olde email it would be good at really no charge to me to talk to you has a person not a email set up fyi  joe

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 02:48 PM »
hi its here at last cant say to much dont want to jinks it  8) :) 8)

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 04:30 AM »

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 09:23 AM »
Fortunately I'd had my breakfast before logging on. Trouble is after seeing that picture I'm having trouble keeping it down.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 12:46 AM »
Sorry  :D

Dannyx6

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 03:16 AM »
Just had our first couple of days of rain mmmmmmmmm makes the world smell nice and fresh. A few lows during the night but still pleasant days. Most of us will now be celebrating "Christmas in July" - this is when we cook and enjoy a typical English Christmas Dinner and able to sit down and enjoy it in the cool. Christmas (proper) in Western Australia is to hot to enjoy a traditional dinner.  Christmas in July has become popular in most parts of Oz. We have managed to get a lovely big turkey for tonight! plus a few cases of Margaret River Wines to help wash it down! Are you having a dinner Herby? - (Get on a plane and join us???)

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 01:59 PM »
Im now going to do what every good English person does complain about the weather. Is anyone else in the country sick to the back teeth with this interminable heatwave? I mean its getting beyond a joke now. Walked through Lytham town yesterday baking hot, wearing a cap perspiration running down my face - market day, crowds everywhere (or as we say in these parts It were wick wi folk) have to plan a shady walk for the dog - take bottle of water everywhere tissues in the pocket to mop my brow, not forgetting some loose change to buy an ice lolly having to sprinkle my lawn almost nightly before the inevitable hosepipe ban water all the pot plants sleep on top of the bedsheets starkers (better not dwell on that thought). Im thinking of emigrating to some where cooler like Death Valley, USA. I mean Im not one to complain but !