Author Topic: ONE FOR THE AUSSIES  (Read 53128 times)

sooty

• View Profile
Re: ONE FOR THE AUSSIES
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2010, 05:33 PM »
Empty houses are difficult to sell,do,nt know why?
Hard work never killed anyone-but it made some funny shapes.

Jayess

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 10:22 PM »
One of the reasons for a lot of empty houses in Aussie is because the Federal Gov gave a bonus of $21,000 to first home buyers which gave them a great deposit for a new house.  The folly of many was that they didn`t want a house, they wanted a mansion & a lot bought into 4 Bedrooms, 3 Toilets, Lounge ,
Kitchen, Rumpus room Double Garage & anything else they could think of.  Now of course they cannot pay the instalments on the houses & so they are being repossessed by the Banks.  Some of them paid the instalments with their Credit cards & are now are really up to their necks in debt which they have no hope of paying.  So plenty of empty house going at very good prices for the buyers at the Auctions. --Jayess

Nan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2010, 03:54 PM »
My house has been on the market for 3 years now, and I`m beginning to give up hope of ever selling it. I wouldn`t care if it needed work doing on it, but everything has been done, new pvc windows, cavity wall insulation, loft insulation etc and all in the past 5 years. We have a long garden at the back too, and off road parking with double gates, but it`s no use if no-one is interested. We dropped the price 3 times too, and people still want something for nothing.

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2010, 04:58 PM »
What about a change of estate agent Nan - it might change your luck?

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2010, 03:03 AM »
I think there's a big bang waiting round the corner when the chickens finally come home to roost.

It's not chickens but pigs that have got some people worried  ;) ............

Portugal
Ireland
Greece
Spain
"We don't want blood all over the lawn and the hounds are fagged out from yesterdays Jehovah's witnesses"

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2010, 12:26 PM »
Blimey, we're being invaded.

Another empty house Jayess.

Nan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2010, 07:47 PM »
Been there,done that, Bill. We changed agents sometime back , and still have got no results.

Jayess

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2010, 10:48 PM »
Hi Bill -- You can have her although her house & land is a beauty --She wants well over a $1,000,000 for it & she will get it . ( You can put your name down to buy it, if you wish)  Just imagine good weather with definitely NO SNOW --- Jayess

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2010, 01:49 AM »
Hot weather isn't my cup of tea and having it day after day would drive me up the wall.  This winter's been a bit miserable but given a few more weeks, it'll be one of the best times of the year in this green and pleasant land.
Didn't realise you lived in NZ as well  ;)  :D
"We don't want blood all over the lawn and the hounds are fagged out from yesterdays Jehovah's witnesses"

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 01:20 PM »
Hi
         They got 91 mm of rain in 50 minutes in Brisbane Cbd today at the top of the tide it sank a few cars and did a bit of damage and it rained quite a bit where I was.   herby

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2010, 03:25 PM »

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2010, 10:13 PM »
Hi
         A bloody good spot to be in        herby

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2010, 11:50 AM »

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2010, 09:55 PM »
Hi
      I dont know about warm but it's bloody wet up here. That shit was supposed to be art. Must of been the tattoos  herby

Jayess

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2010, 09:58 PM »
Hi Bill  --The problem here is that we are so used to the good weather that we start to shiver when the temp gets below 18C & we welcome the rain on the odd occasions like yesterday ( 1st March) when we got 122 mm in 24 hrs. It fills the dams & we are then we can get back to the good weather again (Without any sight of Snow except on picture postcards). The weather report for today is about 300 mm in the next 24hrs but it is very doubtful we will get that. -Jayess