Author Topic: ONE FOR THE AUSSIES  (Read 53091 times)

chrisandangie

• View Profile
Re: ONE FOR THE AUSSIES
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 01:34 PM »
I am made up here in Ashton , gawd bless the rain, ta ta nasty ice  ;D  I never thought I would look forward to any temperature above freezing , even if its only 3 !
If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is!

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 02:18 PM »
Here here Chris I can see my back yard again and the green across from me there is still quite a bit of ice but it is slowly going Fudge

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Just the remnants of the snowman next-door. No sign anywhere else. 3 cheers!!!   Forecasters (for what they're worth!!) say we should make the most of this milder spell - it's going to be cold 'til April. We could have told them that piece of info!!!  It usually is!! and beyond!!    Denise
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

Nan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Never thought I`d be so glad to see the rain. Went to Ashton today for the first time since Christmas. Don`t mind the cold so much, at least you can wrap up warm. It`s the dreaded white stuff I don`t like.

Jayess

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 11:25 PM »
The Weather forecast for today on the Sunshine Coast Qld where I live is for 31deg C (88 deg F) & for Brisbane it is 34C (93 F) so the beaches will be full today. Lots of homes have Air-Conditioning so the locals stay home. Every park & garden etc will be crowded with people having barbies & most of the parks have electric Barbies which you can use for free.  Thay certainly do a roaring trade at the weekend at all the seaside places. --Jayess

KENNY.O.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 05:21 AM »
just got back from puerto plata last friday and was glad to get back to canada even to the cold and snow as it rained all week out there           the sea was rough the wind was gusty we didnt get brown just bloody rusty..its pritty bad out there now with that earthquake in  haiti  poor devils what a shame  god help them kenny.o

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 12:44 PM »
Hear, hear, KENNY.O.!!! It sounds like Hell on earth!! Was reading a heart-rending account in today's Times, and the amount of aid/medical help that has reached there in record time, but there's no access to the people.
Sorry your holiday was spoiled by rain - not been to DR, but have always enjoyed glorious weather on other islands, usually in May.    Denise  :)      

Dannyx6

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 11:56 AM »
Hi Greeny,

Yes! 43/46C here in Perth. I was thinking of sending you a few bottles full of this heat last week when things were getting a big chilly in Blighty! Could have done with a swop for a few days. Beaches full, air-cons working their little hearts out and fans never being turned off. It is not to good at night time when the temperature is still around 23/24C does not get time to even cool down that little bit.  We are constantly looking out for our seniors who are being affected by this long hot period.You have had some of your worse cold claps  in years, we are having some of Western Australias hottest.  Glad to see that you have braved your elements though and still keeping in touch.

Danny

pamela

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 04:10 AM »
Poor you Mo!!I dont envy you , even your ear lobes sweat in that weather !!!I,m o,er t,ther end of the pond in San Diego where we,ve got storms starting this week . I came last week and the weather was luvly, but its wet and windy now.
Politicians and nappies should be changed frequently...and for the same reason!!!

KENNY.O.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 05:59 AM »
its the first time we went to dr.but we still had a good time met some nice people some from north bay canada and a couple from leeds u.k. a bit of rain didnt dampen our spirits cheers kenny.o.

Ashtonian54

Go Republicans!
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 08:37 PM »
Republic of Australia

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 11:09 AM »
hi dannyx6 thats what i call to hot 43/46c least when its cold you can put extra layers on ,yes its looks like iits going to be a long winter here in the uk ,least the snow gone for the time being , roll on summer thats if we get one the last few have been poor ,if we get 23c half your heat this summer it will be fine ,how is the royal visit going as prince william been to perth yet ? i bet hes enjoying the winter sunshine  :D

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 03:22 PM »
We've had snow down here in Hampshire over night and this morning. It's rained since so no sticking, thank goodness!     Denise   

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 11:50 AM »
hi i was watching a programe on tv last night relocation phil down under , i was amazed at the house prices , and the spacious living areas, and the nice sunshine , what a great place it must be to live , a bit expensive in sydney  , are property prices the same are do the differ a great lot in other states  :D

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 03:22 PM »
There as been a house nr me for sale 2yrs it is empyy because the family moved abroad One a Teacher one a Class Room Assistant. I dont know why it as not sold it is a quite area. I am always getting things of the Estate Agents saying I live in a well sort after area am I interested in selling ,( not yet) So why as there's not sold it is a nice house and as had a loft conversion the only down is it as a back yard  . Fudge  ???