Author Topic: Don't be shy.  (Read 2903 times)

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
Don't be shy.
« on: June 09, 2014, 01:53 AM »
Just looked at the stats for the post about D-Day, over 1500 views but only a handful of replies, seems to me there's a lot of people reading the posts on the forum but not many are putting fingers on keyboards so, come on, don't be shy, we won't bite  ;)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
Re: Don't be shy.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 04:25 AM »
o.k. I will put my two penneth in watched I on tv. also watched a film of the Canadian regiments involved it certainly makes you  thank your lucky stars some of them made it at all we will never forget nor should we kennetho

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 10:10 AM »
Wasn't specifically referring to the D-Day thread, it just seems most topics have lots of readers and hardly any writers  ;)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 10:13 AM »
Does anyone know what the upper age limit for being called up in WW2 was - assuming there was one? My Dad was 36 when WW2 started but he was in a reserved occupation working for NORWEB and helping to maintain the electricity supply in Manchester and so spent the war in Waterloo Home Guard.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 09:31 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
41  :)

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 09:54 AM »
Thanks Kiwi - I've often wondered if he would have been eligible for call-up and of course he would have been. Quite a sobering thought.