Author Topic: Qualitex Yarns  (Read 2518 times)

marystood

• View Profile
Qualitex Yarns
« on: January 30, 2013, 10:30 AM »
Can anyone recall what the name of the product was produced by Qualitex Yarns?  I keep thinking it was 'Crimplene' but that seems to be an ICI brand.  Were they based in the Alger or Cedar Mill and which mill belonged to J.A. Pattreiouex?  Apart from Senior Service what other cigarette brands were produced in the Ashton factory?

mikep56

• View Profile
Re: Qualitex Yarns
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:51 AM »
Hi marystood

I think it was 'Intex Yarns' at Cedar mill.  Can't for the life of me remember the synthetic yarn's name though :-(  Senior Service factory produced B & H, Park Drive, 'Woodies' Capstan. Golden Virginia, Old Holborn etc etc.... A very good friend of mine worked there for years - may still do!  Haven't seen him for 'donkeys' :-(  Mike
When you become senile, you won't know it.
- Bill Cosby

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:41 AM »
Mikep 56 Ashton Factory of Senior Service as been long gone There are house there now. The one at Newton Hyde as been gone quite a few years and when I went past a couple of weeks ago there is a new office block there Fudge

mikep56

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:49 AM »
Another one gone then Fudge...:-((  It's been many years since I was in that neck of the woods Fudge and I haven't looked on GM yet.  Is 'Ducky baths' another victim?  Mike
When you become senile, you won't know it.
- Bill Cosby

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 09:18 PM »
I think Ducky baths is still open Fudge

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 11:58 PM »
Yes last I heard it was, as well