Author Topic: 8mm conversion to digital.  (Read 2269 times)

mercian

• View Profile
8mm conversion to digital.
« on: January 18, 2013, 03:24 AM »
Hi folks
            I purchased a video grabber from Arcsoft at Aldi hoping to convert my 8mm cassettes to DVDs. I'm very basic with computers and soon ran into trouble. The following correspondence I had with Arcsoft explains.

Me.  When in capture mode the program stops recording and says cannot record for copyright issues, this is nonsense as there is nothing either in the video or background noise that could be construed as copyright.
How can I circumvent this problem to conserve family videos?

Support answer:  Thank you for contacting Arcsoft Support. It's Woody to help.

We are sorry if there's any inconvenience caused. Having double checked the cause, I have attached a hot "fix" for you.
Please put the tool under your running folder and run the tool. Please re-run your program and you will find a "Fix" button on your user interface. Please click the button and the problem will be solved.
I hope this information helps. Please let us know if we can help in any other way.

The problem is I have no idea what the hell they're talking about,(stupid ignorant fool that I am) I replied stating this and asking for a step by step explanation to follow, I have had no reply.

Anyone got any ideas please. Thanks for listening.

mikep56

• View Profile
Re: 8mm conversion to digital.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 10:23 AM »
mercian

It sounds like they have sent an attachment file to your email.  Right click the attachment and 'save as' then navigate to your Program Files | Arcsoft folder and save to there.  Then navigate to the folder and double click the file you have just saved, to begin the update.  Mike
When you become senile, you won't know it.
- Bill Cosby

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 11:19 AM »
Hello mercian.

Another idea is to try a 'search' (google or other) for 'arcsoft video capture copyright issues'.

If you click on this link, it gives some idea of what you can get by doing a search.

mercian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 06:43 AM »
Hi Mike and Bill, many thanks for your help. Oddly enough no sooner had you replied than Arcsoft sent me a step by step solution. Only trouble is there drop down menus seem to be different to mine and can't find the various files I'm supposed to enter.

I have extracted the tool they sent but can't find the Arcsoft installation file I'm to insert it in. Guess I'll get there eventually.

Regards everyone, love your photos Bill keep it up.