Author Topic: Hilda Hermione Hargreaves, Elaine / Kenneth Stephenson  (Read 3750 times)

HJGreene

• View Profile
Hilda and James Rupert Hargreaves were married. They had at least two daughters Elaine and Betty - both girls were apparently born in China. Elaine married Kenneth G Stephenson in Shanghai, China and then seemed to have traveled back to England.

Hilda and Betty apparently came back to England in the mid 1950's

James was born in Ashton-under-Lyne and I am hoping against hope that their might still be family there or others that may recall James and Hilda along with their daughters.

Thank you so much for your time and assistance with my quest to find family.
Hily Greene California USA

heather

• View Profile
Re: Hilda Hermione Hargreaves, Elaine / Kenneth Stephenson
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:59 PM »
James Rupert Hargreaves was born in 1878 in Ashton Town

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 06:48 PM »
James R. Hargreaves is 12yrs. in 1891 and living with his Uncle Henry Buckley and family. The Buckley family are ancestors of one of our board members, Sharon, nickname momtojjz, she has a thread titled Buckley's/Hetherington's of Droylsden and Ashton on the genealogy category. She lives in the US, do you know her?

Vanessa

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 09:27 PM »
Vanessa I think half of Ashton are conected to the Buckley Family my great gran was a Buckley and I know quite a few who have them in there trees. Fudge

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 10:00 PM »
Hi Fudge, I know what you mean, a very common name, but I've helped Sharon get her Buckley's back to a village in Yorkshire, also managed to help her get contact with family still living in the Stockport area. This James R Hargreaves must be related to Sharon's family if he was a nephew of Henry Buckley and his wife, her direct ancestors, she may know how.

Vanessa

heather

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 10:18 PM »
Hi Hily
There is a tree for this family on ancestry
it says

Kenneth and Elaine married in 1931
Kenneth George Stephenson died in Lewes Sussex in 1994
Elaine Hermoine Hargreaves died in Brighton in 1989
Elaine and George arrived in Preston in 1960

is this your tree?

Heather

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 10:37 PM »
I've contacted Sharon and James Rupert Hargreaves was related to Henry Buckley's wife, Jane Ramsden, her sister married John Hargreaves She knows of Hily and is related to her via the Ramsdens, not the Hargreaves. She hasn't done much research into the Ramsdens and thinks Hily knows more about them than she does.

Vanessa

frederickay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 08:36 PM »
Hi , I am related to Hilda hermonie Hargreaves nee Limby  from Shanghai and have a lot to share . I would love to find out more . Thanks Fred