Author Topic: Christchurch Secondary Modern School Oldham Rd  (Read 6148 times)

Meg

• View Profile
Christchurch Secondary Modern School Oldham Rd
« on: June 30, 2012, 07:26 PM »
There was a secondary school serving Christchurch which used to be between Oldham Rd and Taunton Rd, opposite the Hop Pole pub. Does anyone know when it was closed?
"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open"  Thomas Dewar

Fudge

• View Profile
Re: Christchurch Secondary Modern School Oldham Rd
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 08:11 PM »
Of hand Meg I would say about 1960 I left school in 1962 and when I was ready to start senior it was still a secondary school. Fudge

maxxie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 11:13 PM »
Yes was around 1960

Has anyone got any school photographs from Christ Church or St Anns ashton

..thanks Maxxie

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 01:13 PM »
There's one from 1957 of Christ Church pupils on the Ashton-under-Lyne page on Facebook

Vanessa

Jules2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 02:30 PM »
Hi Maxxie, this photo is of, maybe, Infants 4 or Junior 1, St. Ann's, 1955 or 56. I'm sure I have another one somewhere.  I'll go on a photo hunt and see if I can find it.  I'd be interested to know if you recognise any of the faces.  I can still name quite a few of my classmates and wonder where and what has happened to them over the years. 

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 01:52 AM »
I just love these old school class photos.  I have two of them, taken in about 1934/35 of me and my classmates, and can't help but be amazed at how the faces of UK children and their general overall appearance hasn't seemed to change in probably 20 or more years at about the same ages.   The kids on my two photos could easily be exchanged for those above, with so many similarities in hair styles, dress,  facial features and expressions.  It's simply amazing!!      Joyce   ;D ;D

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 04:13 AM »
Hi
        I have one from St Anns about 1937-8. I don't know how to put pictures on though I've had a couple of gos but no luck      Herby

Stanny47

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 12:09 AM »
Hi Maxxie, this photo is of, maybe, Infants 4 or Junior 1, St. Ann's, 1955 or 56. I'm sure I have another one somewhere.  I'll go on a photo hunt and see if I can find it.  I'd be interested to know if you recognise any of the faces.  I can still name quite a few of my classmates and wonder where and what has happened to them over the years. 

Looking at the photo from the left 2nd row from bottom 5th girl in is my sister Yvonne Stanfield.

Bardsleycrow

• Me with a well-known statesman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 10:03 AM »
I left Christchurch December 1949.Harold Siddall was the headmaster.my teacher was mr Odell