Author Topic: BIRTHDAYS  (Read 54621 times)

greeny

• View Profile
BIRTHDAYS
« on: July 10, 2009, 06:53 PM »
HI i thought i would put birthdays on for any one with a birthday , i would like to start with a big happy birthday to joyce in canada have a great day on the 11 july best wishes greeny  :D

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
Re: BIRTHDAYS
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 03:47 AM »
Oh, my goodness Greeny!   ;D   Thank you so much for your lovely surprise Birthday Greeting!  It was wonderful to think someone remembered and although I won't be having any company I'll be quite happy in my own back garden which is loaded with flowers.  Just had my wood patio, surrounding planters, and all my teak furniture re-finished (a birthday present to myself) and so it all looks very new and lovely again, and because of all the rain we've had this year I even have green grass - which is practically unheard of in July here.  Usually it's burned to a crisp!  LOL.  Anyway - thanks again and although I don't much like to count how many (82) I'm very thankful for my many blessings.   :)  Joyce

Assheton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 08:29 AM »
A very Happy Birthday to you Joyce, and do enjoy your garden!!
The Black Knight rides again!

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 09:45 AM »
Happy Birthday Joyce which do you want a Hen,Cock or a Goose . Have a wonderful day Fudge

Assheton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 11:14 AM »
Bill, thanks very much for the link to 'Big Ben' fascinating! Oh, and happy Birthday Big Ben, long may you chime!!!!!!!
The Black Knight rides again!

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 01:40 PM »
Have a good one,you'r luckier than us here,the rain has just kept missing us so we are as you said,dry.Saw a sign yesterday"Use water with care ,leave some for the Fireman".

kennyo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 10:18 PM »
happy birthday joyce have a good one we were due for thunder storms today around toronto not had them yet .kennyo  cheers

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 11:55 PM »
Thanks everyone for all your lovely messages for my birthday....and do you know Bill, I had no idea I was born on the same day as BIG BEN!   :o :o  Well, just a couple of years later anyway!
Fascinating story though and what a wonder it is to see all that great machinery.   I remember that very solemn sound at the beginning of the news casts with all it's horrendous news during the War - gave me the shivers just hearing that "bong" and thinking of it.  However, it's lovely to know he tolls now in a much happier time and that I share my special day with the wondrously famous BIG BEN of all people!!   ;D  Sometimes I even feel as old and perhaps as even as cracked as he is, but then again there are days when I still think I might be only about 25!  I was a bit surprised when they said we'd have rain today because it's always a hot and sunny day for me but guess what?   We only had about a half-hour of rain early this morning and then the sun came out and we got a lovely blue sky and quite hot!  So, I'm still in the almost 100% sunny-day score.   ;)   Time to eat now, and then look forward to lots more birthdays in the years to come.   Again...thank you everyone for helping make my day a happy one.
Joyce   ;D ;D

Bardsleycrow

• Me with a well-known statesman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 09:33 AM »
My next birthday in September will be the Fifty Third anniversary of my Twenty First birthday
Kevin

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 08:24 PM »
Hi
                First Happy Birthday Joyce and many more. Never noticed the birthday site before. Must be nice to be young Kevin in October it will be my 58th anniversary. herby

hoggyman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 11:05 PM »
Happy birthday joyce,its not often a female give out her age,not like those two kids in the last two letters
HELLO EVERYBODY ENJOY YOUR SELF,WHY NOT

Jayess

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 09:39 AM »
I take it those Kids (Kevin & Herby)are younger than Hoggyman, He or as I suspect a She is nearer 80 yrs so really She or He is jealous of them .  I wonder if older or younger that Joyce-who is younger that I. --- Jayess :D ;D ???  PS --No offence intended

jan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 09:42 AM »
Happy birthday Joyce.  Glad to hear both you and your garden are blooming :-)

hoggyman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 03:37 PM »
HI Jayess i will give you a clue then you could try and work it out, if i remember you were a  late friend of a late friend of mine    J A  who used to live in ashton, who past away a few years back ???? if my memory serves me correctly.        I can not understand how why you wrote the word jealous  (strange)   ::)   ;D   :)

hoggyman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 03:55 PM »
JAYESS   That His a picture of me on the left please tell me do I look like a he or she                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             <----------