Author Topic: Wrong Again!  (Read 2883 times)

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
Wrong Again!
« on: September 10, 2009, 06:15 PM »
Last Week, the Advertiser printed something to the effect that the New Droylsden Academy is opening this year, replacing Littlemoss boys'  school and Egerton Park school.

This week they have published an apology:
"...we incorrectly said the new Droylsden Academy would include Egerton Park - in fact it will be a new school for Littlemoss and Fairfield."

This, I'm sure will come as a great surprise for the pupils and staff of Fairfield High School!

The Academy is actually made up of Littlemoss boys' school and Droylsden girls' school on Manor Road. A new school is being built at Manor Road.

When journalists can't even get easily checkable facts right, is it any wonder that we can't believe anything we read in the papers?
Martin

Ashtonian54

Re: Wrong Again!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 01:38 AM »
[sarcasm] The advertiser has journalists?[/sarcasm]

chrisandangie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 09:26 AM »
Lol,well I was gobsmacked in the Advertiser the other week, TMBC have finally secured the money to build the school to replace heartshead and stamford. Excuse Me , new charter has been crowing on in any media available how it is sponsering this school for the last 12 months ! They have been digging out the footings,and digging Broadoak Rd up for Utility connection for yonks too. So does this mean all this work has been going on , "in case" they got the money to do it ?
If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is!

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 07:50 PM »
New charter spent loads on all school uniforms and also seen school minibuses provided by them.