Author Topic: Two more Stars died today.  (Read 204379 times)

Denise

• View Profile
Re: Two more Stars died today.
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2010, 07:04 PM »
Actor Ian Carmichael, 89, passed away yesterday at his home on the North York moors and the jazz legend Johnny Dankworth, 82, husband of Cleo Laine, died today.       :(
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2010, 12:46 PM »
  Saw Cleo Laine on her debut appearance or so it was said.At The Palais with the Ronnie Scott Band.Around 1954

Just spent the last hour going over Ronnie Scott and Cleo Laine. google and wiki.No mention of an association at that time.
I know I may be loosing it a BIT but not that much!!!

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2010, 07:28 PM »
I see Dick Francis as died today age 89 A jockey and Author who wrote murder mysteries.  Fudge

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2010, 11:53 AM »
hi another star died at the age of 83 lionel jefferies , he was great in chitty chitty bang bang and also in the coldiz story he had a good run  R I P

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2010, 08:55 AM »
Christopher Cazenove, Dynasty star, died yesterday aged only 64.    :(
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2010, 11:02 AM »
"Saturday night and Sunday morning"  = The first 'X' film (remember those!) that I sneaked into under-age. At the 'Pavilion' I seem to remember.
"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open"  Thomas Dewar

paul_b

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2010, 10:36 PM »
Lynn Redgrave died on Sunday,after a long battle with Breast Cancer.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2010, 10:17 PM »
"Our beloved mother Lynn Rachel passed away peacefully after a seven-year journey with breast cancer," they said in a joint statement.

I know luvvies wrap their sentimentality over everything.....but a "journey with breast cancer," What the heck is that?
"We don't want blood all over the lawn and the hounds are fagged out from yesterdays Jehovah's witnesses"

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2010, 12:28 AM »
You're showing your age Kiwi. :)

The new language includes a 'big ask' (Celtic for SPL champions next year - heard on the telly tonight - don't mention it to Jack), going forward, headcount, footfall, touching base (gerroff), for free, solutions (used to be products), meet with, head up, drilled it into the net (scored) and many more.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2010, 03:23 AM »
I don't have a real issue with this "new speak" Bill, I think we need to hit the ground running, keep our eye on the ball, and make sure that we are singing off the same song sheet. At the end of the day it is not a level playing field and the goal posts may move, if they do, someone else may have to pick it up and run with it. We therefore must have a golf bag of options hot-to-trot from the get-go. It is your train set but we cannot afford to leave it on the back burner; we've got a lot of irons in the fire, right now.

We will need to un-stick a few potential poo traps but it all depends on the flash-to-bang time and fudge factor allowed. Things may end up slipping to the left and, if they do, we will need to run a tight ship. I don't want to re-invent the wheel but we must get right into the weeds on this one. If push comes to shove, we may have to up stumps and then we'll be in a whole new ball game.

I suggest we test the water with a few warmers in the bank. If we can produce the goods then we are cooking with gas, if not, then we are in a world of hurt. I don't want to die in a ditch over it but we could easily end up in a flat spin if people start getting twitchy. To that end, I want to get round the bazaars and make sure the movers and the shakers are on-side from day one. If you can hit me with your shopping list I can take it to the head honchos and start the ball rolling.

There is light at the end of the tunnel and I think we have backed a winner here. If it gets blown out the water, however, I will be throwing a track. So get your feet into my in-tray and give me chapter and verse as to how you see things panning out. As long as our ducks are in a row I think the ball will stay in play and we can come up smelling of roses.

Before you bomb burst and throw smoke, it is imperative we nail our colours very firmly on the mast and look at the big picture. We've got to march to the beat of the drum. We are on a sticky wicket so we'll need to play with a straight bat and watch out for fast balls.

I've been on permanent send for long enough and I've had my ten pence worth. I don't want to rock the boat or teach anyone to suck eggs. We must keep this firmly in our sight picture or it will fall between the cracks. If the cap fits, wear it, but it may seem like pushing fog up a hill with a sharp stick. Geddit ? Gottit? Good, get on with it  :D
"We don't want blood all over the lawn and the hounds are fagged out from yesterdays Jehovah's witnesses"

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2010, 09:53 AM »
Gulp.

jan

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2010, 10:14 AM »
Gulp indeed Bill  :D
I'm just off for some blue sky thinking and will run any ideas up the flagpole asap!

sooty

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2010, 02:41 PM »
My favourite at the moment is "Just suck it up" maybe heard it on neighbours.
Hard work never killed anyone-but it made some funny shapes.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2010, 10:54 AM »
hi another star u s singer lena horne aged 92 rest in peace

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2010, 10:31 AM »
hi another rock legion died at weekend ,ronnie james dio took ozzy osbourne place in black sabbeth rest in peace http://www.ronniejamesdio.com/