Author Topic: The 'dreaded' BREXIT.......and beyond.  (Read 814 times)

daftjack

• POWER TO THE PEOPLE....KEEP THE NET FREE.
    • View Profile
Re: The 'dreaded' BREXIT.......and beyond.
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2019, 09:28 PM »
Hi all, So now we have Iran taking a British Tanker. This is why Trump has been pushing Iran into a corner. Remember it was TRUMP and his wormtongue sidekick BOLTON (he who started the Iraq war)  who pulled out of the Iranian deal and started sanctioning them for no reason. Now that the Mini Trump Johnson will soon be in power  ( I hope not) what is the betting that Britain will go to war with Iran Just as Trump, Netanyahu and MBS planned it. Then we will again have British soldiers dying to further American dominance in the 21st centuary. WE NEVER LEARN.

Just a thought......

Daftjack.

daftjack

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2019, 10:48 AM »
Hi all, Now we have our new Prime Minister..Mini Trump....Who I have no doubt will kowtow to The Donald on every level and every meeting. We also have Ministers coming back who were sacked because they had secret meetings with other countries officials. We also have ministers who leaked memo's of meetings from number 10 downing street. We also have people who gave Mini Trump loans of their houses and are rewarded with Government jobs. We also have nepotism in our new Government.
What can I say........A government to be PROUD OF???? I do NOT think so.

Just a thought.....

daftjack.

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2019, 10:42 AM »
Don't moan to us, Jack. Go and talk to your MP.

daftjack

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2019, 12:53 PM »
Hi All, Hi Too Shy, It is not moaning it is trying to let people know what is going on. Since most British people have no REAL idea. Just Yesterday I received mail from friends in America that are saying that Farage and his AMERICAN backers want to start a new lobby for Brexit! What have AMERICANS to do with OUR decisions on if we leave the EU or not. As For my MP Believe it or not I Have spoken to Her, Theresa May and several others in British politics to mention my fears. I have also spoken to several 'famous' politicians in America concerning my fears of a Trump take over of our country.
I have no doubt that people will laugh and say "it could never happen". Believe me with people like Farage, Trump and Johnson going full tilt anything is possible. The ONLY good thing that will come out of this is that Scotland, at long last, will achieve its longed for independence. The last referendum was 55% to 45% in favour of staying in the UK. With the EU referendum being 62% in favour of staying in the EU and only 38% against, I think the next referendum (concerning independence) will be completely different.

As to the comment about "moaning" the obvious and adult thing to do would be to NOT read my posts. Thereby alleviating YOUR having to post back complaining. That simple.

Just a thought.....(but a good one)

Daftjack.

daftjack

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2019, 09:49 PM »
Hi All, I see our new beloved???? Prime Minister, Mini Trump, has wasted no time in selling us down the river to his 'master' trump!! it did'nt take very long. Good bye NHS. Good bye Food standards. How soon before we send British troops to fight a war with Iran or whoever Trump decides to vent his anger on? maybe France? or Sweden? Perhaps. After all Sweden DARED to jail an American citizen without Trumps permission!! France had the CHEEK to put a 3% Tax on big tech companies without Trumps permission!! Britain was also going to tax the big tech companies 2% but I have no doubt that Mini Trump will put a stop to that.

Just a thought......

Daftjack.

daftjack

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2019, 10:07 AM »
Hi all, The people who voted to leave the EU now have a choice to make! If we leave the EU without a deal how many of them will soon be out of work? I would imagine a great many of them.
They will get no sympathy from me. "As you sow so shall you reap". When the brexiteers go to the chemist and cannot get their much needed medicine (as I can attest to now as it is happening to my chemist) Again, I will have no sympathy. "As you sow so shall you reap".
The brexiteers now going on holiday and finding that the exchange rate for the pound is the lowest it has EVER been. Again I have no sympathy. "As you sow so shall you reap". This is just the beginning of the misery that will befall the UK if we leave without a deal. Luckily saner heads are still in the commons. Johnson and his cabinet of far right liars, leakers and ethics breakers have united the commons as no other could have done. There will soon be an election.

I have no doubt that the Tories will be annihalated by the people who see through this Johnson cabinet for what they are. A cabinet intent on becoming an American pawn.

If you want a country that is run by a Government that will obey all that Trump says. If you want a country that will sell off the NHS to the highest bidder. If you want a country that will be flooded with sub standard food which is banned in Britain at the moment (although a trade deal with America will soon change that). If you want a country that allows a Government to force people onto Universal credit (thereby giving them less money to survive on) but thinks nothing of wasting countless millions in stupid contracts for ferries that do not exist. If you want a country that has food banks all over the UK because so many people cannot afford to eat and feed their children due to years of austerity (but NOT for them) Then by all means vote CONSERVATIVE.

If you are the type of person that abhors all of the above and is by nature compassionate then by all means use the sense you were given and vote them OUT.

Just a thought......

Daftjack.

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2019, 12:08 PM »
Hi All, Hi Too Shy, It is not moaning it is trying to let people know what is going on. Since most British people have no REAL idea. Just Yesterday I received mail from friends in America that are saying that Farage and his AMERICAN backers want to start a new lobby for Brexit! What have AMERICANS to do with OUR decisions on if we leave the EU or not. As For my MP Believe it or not I Have spoken to Her, Theresa May and several others in British politics to mention my fears. I have also spoken to several 'famous' politicians in America concerning my fears of a Trump take over of our country.
I have no doubt that people will laugh and say "it could never happen". Believe me with people like Farage, Trump and Johnson going full tilt anything is possible. The ONLY good thing that will come out of this is that Scotland, at long last, will achieve its longed for independence. The last referendum was 55% to 45% in favour of staying in the UK. With the EU referendum being 62% in favour of staying in the EU and only 38% against, I think the next referendum (concerning independence) will be completely different.

As to the comment about "moaning" the obvious and adult thing to do would be to NOT read my posts. Thereby alleviating YOUR having to post back complaining. That simple.

It's still moaning whether we read it or don't, Jack. You seem to have a need to want to lecture us. Now, where's that off switch?

Just a thought.....(but a good one)

Daftjack.

daftjack

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2019, 01:18 PM »
Hi all, Hi Too Shy, The off switch is in YOUR control. "It's still moaning whether we read it or don't, Jack. You seem to have a need to want to lecture us". I do not understand your logic here?
If you DO NOT read it how can you allege it is moaning? How would you KNOW? Please THINK before you post.

Just a thought.....

Daftjack.

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2019, 09:04 PM »
Hi all, Hi Too Shy, The off switch is in YOUR control.

Actually, the off-switch is in my control.

I do agree with much of what you say, Jack, and I have let you air your views freely, but I think there has been enough already of the present topic. After all, this is primarily a place for chat about Ashton, rather than politics.

Off-switch engaged...
Martin