Author Topic: CRANE FLY  (Read 6434 times)

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
Re: CRANE FLY
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 09:42 AM »
The only fun I get from bluebottles is watching our dog try to catch them. We have a very lively Cairn terrier and he charges round the house snapping at them. He usually corners them when they fly to the window so he leaps up onto the sofa and then on to the windowsill where he traps and devours them. Yum yum!

As I type the wind is really getting up here on the coast so it's a case of battening down the hatches and hoping my fence panels stay in place. My big worry is this Wednesday morning when we have to put the 'green' rubbish out. There is a bin, a box and two sacks of newspapers and cardboard and if I leave them out the night before as usual they'll probably end up on the M6.

Nan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 11:46 AM »
Wind quite bad here at Preesall. My Husband has put everything away that is usually in the garden, table, chairs etc, and I think we`ll be staying put till it eases off.

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Top half of my walnut tree has blown down and brought part of the lilac with it :(
"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open"  Thomas Dewar

chrisandangie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 10:17 PM »
Coming home from work tonight, I hit what I can only describe as a whirlwind on the Broadoak roundabout on my motorbike, I was shook left and right, and pelted with all sorts of fauna .
If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is!

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 11:32 PM »
Coming home from work tonight, I hit what I can only describe as a whirlwind on the Broadoak roundabout on my motorbike, I was shook left and right, and pelted with all sorts of fauna .
Shureley shome mishtake, don't you mean flora  ;)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 11:37 PM »
glad you got home okay to tell us chris get the hot toddy out cheers kennetho

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 09:25 AM »
Shureley shome mishtake, don't you mean flora  ;)

Not necessarily Kiwi - it could have been raining cats and dogs.

chrisandangie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 11:51 AM »
 ;D Kiwi, well bits and bats !  It's still quite windy here, and earlier this morning the bypass from the BT roundabout to the Asdoh was closed, due to a serious accident involving several cars and a motorbike.
Not sure what caused the accident, but even my double decker bus yesterday was being thrown around by the wind.
If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is!

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 01:57 AM »
Not necessarily Kiwi - it could have been raining cats and dogs.

OR
Two men were walking through Ashton. An airplane carrying car parts was flying over at the same time. The plane was taking strain and needed to lose some weight fast and began to throw out car parts. Parts began to fall around the men and one said, 'run' it's raining datsun cogs'.  :)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 02:05 AM »
even my double decker bus yesterday was being thrown around by the wind.

Don't envy you pedalling them around in strong winds, s'pose it's not too bad when you've got some 'ballast' on the lower deck  ;) Once had a go in a luxury air suspended tour coach, all the glass made it really top heavy so it was great in a straight line but wanted to lie down when it saw a bend  :'( roundabouts were a first gear job  :o