Author Topic: Thought for the day.  (Read 20073 times)

ayess

• View Profile
Re: Thought for the day.
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2012, 05:30 AM »
Hardly a day goes by without we're told not to eat this or that and to eat the other instead, only for the exact opposite to be said six months down the line.

Do any of you born before the war bother about what you eat or do you just take what's said with a pinch of salt and eat what you want to eat?

Born 1931, since death of my wife in 2004 I live on my own, cook and eat what I feel like, mainly salads and cold meats or fish in the summer and beaut stews, soups and grills in the winter. I have put on about 4 kilos in seven years but still only 69 kilos. I reckon its the glass of red wine I have with dinner every night that keeps the weight down.    Ayess

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2012, 10:15 AM »
Hi
     I have a see food diet see it and eat it I was born in 1930 Brought up on dripping and sugar butties I went in the airforce in January 1950 wieghing 10 stone four stayed at the same wieght till last year when I lost some blood during an operation on my knee and lost 5 pounds still haven't put it back on yet. I eat everything thats put in front of me love salt and vinegar potato crisps and Coca cola which I have pretty often one of the lucky ones I suppose.    herby

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2012, 11:37 AM »
Hi
     I have a see food diet see it and eat it I was born in 1930 Brought up on dripping and sugar butties I went in the airforce in January 1950 wieghing 10 stone four stayed at the same wieght till last year when I lost some blood during an operation on my knee and lost 5 pounds still haven't put it back on yet. I eat everything thats put in front of me love salt and vinegar potato crisps and Coca cola which I have pretty often one of the lucky ones I suppose.    herby
Nice crisp butty for supper!!!

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2012, 01:06 PM »
I don't know whether you have heard of non-contact energy transfer, well the same principle works for me with food. I only have to look at a cake to put on weight! How I envy those of you who can eat what you like and stay slender!
Martin

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2012, 02:40 AM »
Just gone back to my keep fit classes ready for my sons wedding in cypress in july but am lucky as just need to tone up really as my jeans are 30 years old but sure its going to catch up on me.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2012, 03:28 AM »
You're gonna hate this but I can still fit into the same size Levi Jeans as the first ever pair I bought back in 1970, 30" waist and 30" inside leg  :)

Mind you I have to work at it coz after I quit smoking I shot up to a 34" waist   :-X So, I invested in a couple of rowing machines, one at home which I use each work day as soon as the alarm goes off it's out of the pit , down to the spare room and do 500 reps on max resistance followed by 5 mins as fast as I can on the exercycle  8)
At work I try and do 3 workouts a week on a similar machine, 500 reps again followed by weights and crunches, I've made a small workout area on the mezzanine floor above my office and this time of year it's like working out in a sauna because it's a heat trap  :)
On weekends I try and get a decent walk in or some kayaking along with a bit of gardening :) No diets, just anything and everything in moderation including 1.5 litres of home brew per day  ;D

"We don't want blood all over the lawn and the hounds are fagged out from yesterdays Jehovah's witnesses"

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2012, 12:14 PM »
Since retiring I lost 10 lbs,it must have been the food for energy.I have been at the weight I was when I was called up (1959).I seem to have put a few lbs. over the holidays(joke)retirement is one big holiday.Probably get back to normal when it heats up a bit,riding bike,gardening,cutting wood.
+8 yesterday,-8 now  6a.m.

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2012, 01:29 PM »
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 11:48 AM
Mull over Kiwi's and DJ's posts,my exact sentiment.
Who said Enoch was a loony????   Visionary!  in ukspeak Absolutely!!!
BRADFORD 2012 GG??? and thats not groovin granny