Author Topic: Thought for the day.  (Read 20558 times)

Denise

• View Profile
Re: Thought for the day.
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2012, 04:40 AM »
A Very Happy New Year to you all! Hope 2012 brings all you wish for and then some!
Been miserable here all day too, Martin, but at least it's mild. Didn't stay up to see in the New Year, was woken briefly by fireworks - it's now 3.30am and I'm wide awake!!  ::)
Denise
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2012, 05:12 AM »
Were those your footsteps in the snow leading up to the stand to hang the Happy New Year sign Bill?   ;D ;D ;D

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2012, 11:45 AM »
Not mine Joyce.  I walked along the top of the wall to make it easier ;).  Mind you, my hands were frozen when I got down the pole.

P.S. Hope the weather's treating you kindly and that you're not getting too much of the white stuff.

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2012, 04:29 PM »
Thanks for your thoughtful concern re our weather Bill.   :)  Up to now we've been (in my personal opinion but not the skiers) exceedingly lucky - a green if miserable-looking and rainy Christmas and New Year with only a couple of inches of snow which melted.   However, last night it began snowing and they're forecasting for us in London by Tuesday night, anywhere from 5 to 40cm's (yes - that's 40!), depending on the squalls that come in over the Lake and how long they stall over us!   I'm personally hoping for 5cm but one never knows.   :o  At least it's not like last year when we already had almost 3 ft. of snow in my back yard and that wasn't a "drift".  It was what had actually fallen.   :o   ;D ;D

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2012, 03:12 PM »
8:50am London, Ontario - I'm not thrilled!   :o   With the windchill it's minus 17C, and they've just said about 25cm of the white stuff fell overnight!  It did quit for a couple of hours earlier then started snowing again about an hour ago.  There's a red alert - a Lake Effect Wind and Squall Warning for us on the TV Weather Channel.  They say these squalls coming from over Lake Huron and Georgian Bay will stream down over London all day with a possible total accumulation for us of 50cm before it hopefully ends tonight!   At the moment the blowing snow is so heavy I can barely see my neighbours' houses across the street.   Hope the skiers are happy!  I'm not!  LOL!   :o :o   As you can imagine - I'm sure not going anywhere today!  ::)  Oh, yes - and there's more snow forecast for tomorrow in case we need it tp keep the skiers happy.   

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2012, 07:11 PM »
hi joyce it dont sound too good hope it gets better as we are out in victoria b.c. until  the nineth spent christmas with our son and grandson just a sprinkle of snow so far.cheers kennetho

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2012, 09:22 PM »
Well in some area over the British Isle gale force winds up to 110miles a hr lots of bridges in Scotland closed battering rain and really miserable after yesterdays sunny day it was like the lull before the storm. Fudge

GayJ

• Dukky Duck
    • View Profile
    • Tameside Family History
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2012, 11:46 PM »
Power was out for a while in Carrbrook around tea time today.
Don't let the B***ds grind you down.

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2012, 12:01 PM »
when does elderly become very elderly.
just a thought!

chrisandangie

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2012, 03:48 PM »
Over 80 I reckon !
If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is!

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2012, 11:36 PM »
Think its to do with the person as met very elderly people in their fifties and very young people in their eighties so if you keep young in your mind and keep your health you can be any age you want

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2012, 10:14 AM »
I know a lady who is 93 and is very bright and with it. I don't think age should matter it another stage in your life not to be measured by how old you are. Fudge

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2012, 10:17 PM »
Actual age has never much mattered for me (either for my friends or myself)....sometimes I feel 39 again and sometimes I feel my real age, and sometimes I think I must be at least 120!   I like feeling 39 again best, with the knowledge I've gained up to now!   ;) 8) ;D ;D ;D

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2012, 11:19 PM »
Over 80 I reckon !
Hi
          OOOOhhhh dear I must be one of them      herby

chrisandangie

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2012, 11:54 PM »
I only said it to provoke a reaction  ;D  I am 357 days away from being 50. I am amazed I am nearly half a century old  :P
Forty something is fine, but fifty !!
I still feel like I did at 20, except I know I don't know everything, and there is a massive gap between black and white (as in a massive grey area!) to any situation.  There is  one thing I do like about being older, the wisdom that comes with it !
If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is!